Get Tools and Information in our Coronavirus Webportal>>
Latin America Future Leader Award
This award is organized by the Global Cold Chain Alliance and its Core Partner the International Association of Refrigerated Warehouses. The Latin America Future Leader Award recognizes outstanding young professionals in the Latin America cold storage industry who show potential for future career advancement but have not yet risen to top-level leadership positions within their country.
To view this page in Spanish, click here.
How to Apply
- The competition will be held in 8-9 November, 2021.
- Applications for the 2022 award will be accepted through October 21, 2022. Click here to apply online for the 2022 Latin America Future Leader Award.
Applications for the 2022 award will be accepted through October 21, 2022.
Benefits of Participating in the Award
- Finalists will compete for the Latin America Future Leader Award and participate in a leadership development experience
- If selected as the Latina America Award Winner, they will compete in the 2022 Global NextGen Award.
- Broaden knowledge and understanding of the industry
- Connect with industry leaders in temperature-controlled logistics
To be eligible for the award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Latin America employee of a GCCA warehouse (IARW) member company.
- Be 35 years of age, or younger, at the time of the award application deadline.
- Possess a minimum of three years of work experience in any sector of the industry, including (but not limited to): operations, administration, human resources, engineering, accounting, sales, customer service, or management.
- Possess insight into their company's values, policies, and strategic direction.
- Demonstrate excellence in their work and show potential to advance further in their career but have not yet risen to top-level leadership positions.
- Be available to participate in the competition that will be held in Bogota, Colombia, in November 17, 2022.
Applicants for the award will be evaluated by a panel of industry leaders. This year's Latin America Future Leader Award Recipient will be eligible to compete against other GCCA future leaders from around the world in the 2022 Global NextGen competition. To compete in the Global NextGen competition, competitors must be fluent in English.
Please contact Debbie Corado .
Latin America Future Leader Award Winners
|Mauricio Carlos Esquer, Basal Almacenamiento y Logistica||2017|
|Fernando León Rodríguez, Subdirector of Bajo Cero Frigoríficos||2018|
|José Antonio Gutiérrez, Quality Assurance Manager and EHS, of BASAL-IRESA, Mexico||2019|
Mauricio Chiossoni, BU Head UY, Emergent Cold Latin America 2021